Monday, July 16, 2012

Fjällräven Kånken - my one and only




























I first saw the Kånken daypack two years ago in Denmark, and immediately fell in love with the bag's simple design, functionality and durability. The Fjällräven Kånken daypack is a quintessential part of Danish style as I spotted Danes, young and old, toting this bag wherever I went. Bright, cute and eternally popular, the iconic pack has been sitting comfortably on Danish backs for the past 30 years. 


The bag was originally for Swedish school children and it still remains the same as when it was released 30 years ago. Made from sturdy vinylon, each Kånken is waterproof, tough and comes in a rainbow of colours suited for all individual styles.








Intrigued by its design and functionality, I became a dedicated follower and eventually got my very own Kånken in Uncle Blue, as a Christmas gift 2 years ago.


Now, it seems like the Kånken fever has caught on in the fashion world - with models being snapped on the streets toting the daypack, looking effortlessly cool yet slightly naff. This bag, in my opinion is the ultimate in utilitarian cool of all daypacks.

The Kånken has also arrived in Singapore, and is stocked at Actually. Sadly, my very own Kånken will no longer be as unique as it once was, since I predict that this bag will be a big hit amongst many here.

-Fal  

No comments:

Post a Comment